The Administrative Assistant to Village Clerk position is open. The job description is below. Please complete an application (in link) and return to the Village of Moweaqua, 122 N Main, Monday through Friday 8:00 to 4:00.
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant to Village Clerk
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Village Clerk, Mayor and Village Trustees
DIRECTION OF OTHERS: None
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Minimum of four years office and computer experience preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience. This position requires a background check.
NATURE OF WORK: Performs a wide variety of general secretarial duties. In addition, has daily contact with the public, provides administrative support to the Village Clerk, Mayor or Village Trustees.
WORK PERFORMED/AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributes to the effective communication of data and information by preparing documents, bulletins, letters, notices, related to the
operation of City government under the direct supervision of the Village Clerk
- Types letters, meeting notices, reports, memos, and tabulations
- Serves as primary staff assistant to the Village Clerk
- Receptionist duties, greets, and refers callers/direct calls
- Responsible for all administrative functions for the Memorial Tree Park and Tree city USA and member of Memorial Tree Park Committee
- Animal registrations
- Solicitors permits
- Cross training duties with the Water Clerk
- Assists with water payments in absence of Water Clerk
- Prepare envelopes and copies for Accounts Receivable
- Responsible for ordering all office supplies
- Code book project – Converting the code book into an editable word format file
- Ordinance file project – Reviewing, recategorizing, and filing old ordinances
- Records Disposal project
- Makes copies and sends faxes as directed by others
- Zoning applications, publications, building permits and meeting notifications
- Other assignments as required by the Village Clerk, Mayor, Superintendents, or Trustees
- Entering old Village minutes into website archives
EXTENT AND TYPE OF INTERACTION WITH PUBLIC:
- Represents Village government through direct contact with the public
- Answers citizen questions through daily telephone and email contacts
- Places Council minutes, agendas, and Ordinance Code amendments on the City’s Web Site on the Internet
- Responds to citizen inquiries regarding City government in person, by telephone, and electronically
- Provides citizens with copies of ordinance sections as requested
- Receives and channels input from citizens
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess a valid Illinois driver’s license
- Attendance is required at various training classes
- Must be bonded
EQUIPMENT AND TOOL OPERATION:
- Employee must be able to operate a variety of office equipment relative to this position which shall include but may not be limited to:
Communication equipment, computers, typewriters, copiers, fax machines, scanners and calculators.
WORKING HOURS AND CONDITIONS:
- Hours may vary, but generally 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 P.M., Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Wednesday 8 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.
All Village Department Personnel are on a Twenty-four (24) hour call to report to work.
This is a non-exempt position.
- This position works primarily in an office environment, with little exposure to outdoor temperature variations or environmental factor
- Employee must live with 10 miles of the Village of Moweaqua
- Employee must pass physical & drug screening
In compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act the following
represents the Physical and Environmental Demands: This position requires an equal amount of time spent standing, walking, and sitting. Lifting, pushing/pulling, or carrying objects weighing up to twenty (20) pounds is sometimes required, with a maximum of forty (40) pounds infrequently required. Climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, twisting, and bending are sometimes required. Repetitive movements of the hands are sometimes required. Audio, visual, and verbal functions are essential functions to performing this position. Most of the workday is spent indoors.