NOTICE OF EXAMINATION
VILLAGE OF MOWEAQUA
The Village of Moweaqua, Illinois hereby gives notice that examinations will be offered to all eligible applicants to create an eligibility list for hiring one (1) Full Time Police Officer position with the Village of Moweaqua.
• United States Citizen
• 21 years of age; applicants must be under the age of 35 on 4/16/2018 unless exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1-6, which provides, in part, that the age limitation, does not apply to any person previously employed as a certified full-time police officer
• Minimum high school diploma
• Prefer to have completed 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours of college
• Must have valid driver’s license at the time of application
• Must not have been convicted of any felony or certain misdemeanors as defined by statue
• Have visual acuity 20/20 each eye corrected (minimum) with normal color and depth perception
• Have good habits and be of good moral character
• Must participate in and complete all stages of the hiring process which may include, but not limited to, physical agility test, oral interview, medical exam and extensive background investigation and drug screen.
• Must reside within 10 miles of Village corporate limits
STARTING PAY will be based upon education/qualifications
*Forty-hour work week with time and a half for overtime*
Application packets may be obtained at Village Hall, 122 N. Main St. Moweaqua IL 62550
Phone (217) 768-3036
All applications and attachments must be completed and on file in Village Hall before 3:30 p.m. on March 29, 2019. Late applications will not be considered.
A mandatory orientation and physical exam will be scheduled for 9:00 a.m. April 27th, 2019 at Central A & M High School, 229 E. Pine Moweaqua, IL.
The Village reserves the right to require reimbursement of training expenses on a pro-rata basis if an officer resigns within the first three years of employment.
The Village of Moweaqua is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities and women are encouraged to apply