Village of Moweaqua Police Officer
The Village of Moweaqua, Illinois, gives notice that examinations will be offered to all eligible applicants to create an eligibility list for hiring (1) Full Time position for the Moweaqua Police Department.
Applicants who have completed the State of Illinois certified police officer training board requirements and have been employed, whether currently or in the past, for at least two (2) years at full time, non-probationary, sworn law enforcement officer by a Federal, State, County or local law enforcement agency are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be in good standing with the agency in which they served. (Part-time certification as a law enforcement officer does not meet this requirement.
- This position requires all aspects of police duties, working shifts and community involvement with all community events including school activities and all other duties assigned.
- Starting Pay: $19/hour and after completion of probation, $20/hour.
- Must live within 10 miles of Village limits within 12 months from Date of Hire.
- Application deadline is May 31, 2018 at 3:30 pm.
To apply, you can pick up an application packet at the Village of Moweaqua, 122 N Main, Moweaqua, IL. There is a $20 application fee payable when you pick up application.
Please call 217-768-3036 with any questions.
The Village of Moweaqua Street Department will be accepting bids for sidewalk construction which includes:
- Removal of old sidewalks
- Hauling away of old concrete
- Installation of new sidewalk.
- Backfilling with black dirt.
- Must pay prevailing wage
- Through driveways are to be 6″ or a minimum of 4″ reinforced concrete
- Work to be completed by October 5, 2018.
- If not completed by October 5, 2018 a penalty of $250.00 per week will apply.
Bids must be submitted at Village Hall by 10:30 A.M. on May 4, 2018. Bids will be opened at 10:30 A. M. on May 4, 2018. Any questions, contact Ramiro Estrada at 217-972-9316. The Village of Moweaqua has the right to reject any or all bids.
Street and Alley Superintendent