New Business District Plan
August 11 @ 6:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Village of Moweaqua, Illinois
Business District Plan
for the Amended Moweaqua Business District
The Village of Moweaqua is considering adopting a Business District Plan for the proposed Amended Moweaqua Business District (pursuant to the Business District Development and Redevelopment Law constituting Section 65 ILCS 5/11-74.3-1, et seq., as amended).
This notice also includes the following information:
1. A public hearing will be held at 6:00 p.m. on August 11, 2020, at the Moweaqua Village Hall, 122 N. Main St., Moweaqua, Illinois 62550.
2. In order to implement the activities covered by the Moweaqua Business District, the Business District Plan must be adopted.
3. The geographical boundaries of the Moweaqua Business District are as follows:
The original Moweaqua Business District encompasses approximately 144 parcels of property and rights-of-way in the Village. Generally, the Area encompasses the central commercial areas of the Village, including the downtown and areas along US-51. The Area to be Amended includes 45 parcels of property adjacent to the existing Business District Area, including areas in the northern portion of the Village, the eastern portion adjacent to US-51, the southern portion along North Main Street and US-51, and a parcel north of the Village golf course.
4. The Amended Moweaqua Business District Plan provides for public investment and private investment in public infrastructure and other statutory eligible activities. The Village may impose a tax of up to 1% within the Area. A copy of the Amended Business District Plan, which includes a boundary map of the Amended Business District, is available for public inspection at the Village Clerk’s office located at 122 N. Main St., Moweaqua, Illinois 62550.
5. Any person is invited to submit alternate proposals or bids for any proposed conveyance, lease, mortgage, or other disposition by the municipality of land or rights in land owned by the municipality and located within the proposed business district.
6. All interested persons will be given an opportunity to be heard at the public hearing.
We are interested in any comments you may have regarding this proposed plan.
Donald E. Neece, Jr., Village President