Christmas on Main, Saturday, November 25, 2017 10 AM – 2 PM
- Christmas on Main 5K
Registration is from 9:00-9:30 at the Machine shed. Pre-register by 11/15/2017 $20; after 11/15/2017 $25. Contact Donna White 217-620-5463.
- Boy Scout breakfast
Boy scouts will be serving breakfast at the American Legions 6-10 AM.
Vendors will open at 10 AM – locations are at the 1st Christian Church youth ministry building, The Machine Shed, The American Legion, The Perfect Place, & Village Hall.
Santa will visit at the FCC youth ministry building from 10:15 AM to 2 PM, also milk and cookies and a craft will be available.
- Carriage Rides
Carriage rides will be available from 10:15 AM to 2 PM.
- Allen Concessions
Allen Concessions will have their food truck on site.
Raiderettes will dance at noon in the 4way
- Decorated pole contest
Poles will be judged prior to event – please have your pole decorated by November 22, 2017.
A parade will kick off the day at 10 AM! Contact Dana Shuster 972.5491 if you would like to participate. Parade will line up on the corner of South Main and Wall St by Voudries Auto Care and will end at the corner of North Main and Elm (Dewitt Savings Bank).
- Coffee and Cocoa Bar
A coffee and cocoa bar will be at the Perfect Place starting at 10 AM.
- It’s A Wonderful Life @ Forston’s Barbershop
Barber will offer haircuts in exchange for donations. All proceeds from the event will be donated to local families in need this Christmas season.
2018 Trash Service Announcement
Advanced Disposal is excited to announce that recycling services will be available to all residents within the Moweaqua village limits. The 2018 disposal rate will include trash and recycling services. If you have questions about how to recycle, please contact Advanced Disposal’s customer service office by phone or email.
Customer Service Contact Information:
Phone: 1-800-469-7404 (Monday- Friday 8;00 AM to 4:30 PM)
2018 Trash Rate Effective January 1, 2018 – $18 per month
- Residential Mixed Paper
- Any paper that is written upon, read from, or used for packaging including:
- Newspaper and inserts
- Junk Mail
- Ledgers, file folders, or computer paper
- Magazines, catalogs, and phone directories
- Paperback & hardcover books (limit to 20 lbs. per pick up day)
- Food & Beverage Containers & Other plastic container’s:
- Aluminum cans and foil (clean)
- Steel cans
- Aerosol cans (empty) – No paint cans
- Glass bottles & jars, all colors accepted (no broken glass) Six pack ring carriers
- Beverage cartons
- Soft drink & water bottles & food containers, milk jugs, and detergent bottles
- Margarine tubs & lids, frozen dessert cups, and six pack ring
- Yogurt cups, syrup bottles, caps, & lids
- No garbage bags – keep materials loose in cart
- No food waster/organics
- No plastic film – (Ziploc bags, bread bags, newspaper sleeves, wrappers, chip bags, candy, fast food, )
- No Styrofoam – Egg cartons, deli/meat trays, or packaging peanuts
- No scrap metal or wood
- No single use paper products – (paper towel, tissues, cups/plates)
- No food packaging materials
- No plastic cutlery, No food soiled boxes, No Medical waste
- No hazardous waste (motor oil, pesticide containers, paint, batteries, )
- No toys, No ceramics/mirrors, No gift wrap or ribbon/bows, No Landscape Waste